Good Monday morning. My project today was made for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges being held over on Splitcoaststampers. My good friend and teammate, Bev Gerard’s challenge title was Clearly Hopeful, and she challenged us to create a card using something clear. Bev supplied these ideas for us: acetate, cellophane, jars, dew drops, text bubble stick-ons (weren't they called "page pebbles"?), clear die cuts, clear embossing, cracked glass, images of glass pitchers, drinking glasses, eyeglasses. I chose to play with my Inkssentials Crackle Accents.
I stamped the Rubbernecker French Script background and the French Script Frame image using Antique Linen distress ink. I used my Mega Mount with the large stamps and it helped create a perfect image.
I sponged the cardstock to create more depth of color and then applied the crackle accents to the full script layers. I allowed them to dry and them die cut the flower and foliage. I must admit that I was very impatient for the accents to dry so finally took my heat gun to it. LOL!!
I used my craft knife to cut the frame center and mounted the frame on the card base with mounting tape. I assembled the flower and attached to the center of the frame opening. I arranged the foliage around to create a floral spray and attached a few pieces of branch punch to soften.
If you have trouble getting your background images to stamp clearly then you may want to try out the Mega Mount. It has a slightly curved surface that transfers pressure to only part of the stamp at a time, ensuring a crisp and clean impression every time. It works great with clear and cling unmounted stamps. It is 6” x 6”with a great handle and is perfect for large stamps.
Stamps: Rubbernecker French Script and French Script Frame Ink: Distress Ink Antique Linen Paper: Vanilla Accessories: Poppy Stamps Blooming Poinsettia , Lorelai Leaf , Martha Stewart Branch Punch, Inkssentials Crackle Accents, Glossy Accents , Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool , Mounting Tape , Craft Knife, Glue Dots, ATG, Mega Mount, Heat Gun