Good Saturday afternoon. I haven’t been able to play the last few days due to a few long work days. It was good to get my dies and stamps out this morning. I have a scene project to share with you today combining die cuts and stamped images. I took step by step pictures to show how I used stamped images to create a layer of dimension behind the dies and the steps I take to build the die cut scene.
1. I cut the tree and leaf clusters.
2. I cut the smaller leaf clusters apart to create individual leaves to make them small enough to fit on the tree die.
3. I applied glossy accents to the branches and attached the leaves.
4, I punched out several light and dark pink 1/8” circles and formed them with my tiniest stylus.
5. I applied glossy accents to the leaves and attached the tiny flowers to cover the tree.
6. I stamped the solid tree image on white cardstock to create a template for stamping the leaves. The stamped image is a little light but it doesn’t matter as it will be totally covered with the die cut tree.
10. I used a color box stylus and foam tip to apply a green base for the ground area.
11. I stamped the leaf image on the ground area to create a foliage background and created a few flowers with the Copic marker.
12. I cut two grass borders and attached 1/4” punched flowers to create a floral border.
13. I placed a strip of mounting tape across the bottom of the scene and attached the grass borders and flowers.
14. I finished the scene by attaching scalloped borders cut with decorative scissors to both the top and bottom to frame.
I love how the stamped foliage behind the tree adds depth and interest to the scene.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great holiday weekend. Woo Hoo! I love three day weekends.
Stamps: Impression Obsession Solid Tree Set Paper: Regal Rose, Pink, Olive, White Ink: Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint Accessories: Impression Obsession Tree Die, Leaf Cluster, Grass Border, Sizzix Accessory Tool Kit, Fiskars 1/8” Circle Punch, Fiskars 1/4” Flower Punch, Fiskars Scalloped Paper Edger, Paper Shapers Scalloped Scissors (cut cloud template), Tiny Stylus, Hand Cut Cloud Template, Glossy Accents , Mounting Tape , Glue Dots , Metal Adapter Plate , Paper Piercer , ATG , Refill Tape , Big Shot , Teflon Bone Folder , Snips , Guillotine Paper Cutter, Color Box Stylus and Foam Tips, Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool, Copic Marker Rose Red R85